Another Year Gone – Welcome to 2017!
Last year, at the beginning of 2016, I wrote an article about what I hoped I would be able to achieve in the year. Looking back at that article a few days ago I was surprised – and delighted – to realize that I’d achieved most of the targets I’d set for myself – I’d finished and published my book, I’d given a few presentations and workshops, had spent time polishing my own skills as a speaker and facilitator… and written 50 articles for the year. Tracking what I’d done against my intentions for the year gave me quite a feeling of accomplishment!
Of course, the question now becomes what I want to achieve during 2017. Like I said last year, I’m not one for New Year’s resolutions… In fact, I’m not really one for setting myself specific goals for the year. Rather, I prefer having a set of intentions – broad ideas of some of the areas I’d like to focus on over the next 12 months.
And here they are:
- Continue to market my new book, ”A Different Way of Seeing”
- Continue developing my speaking business into new areas
- Investigate using new technologies to create new initiatives as a speaker, facilitator and author… at least, technologies that are new to me!
- Investigate different channels to allow me to reach new audiences.
- Continue writing regular articles for this blog and building my mailing list
- Foster relationships with organisations and individuals in the disability/blindness community around the world
As I’ve already said, these aren’t goals in the traditional sense – they certainly aren’t SMART goals – but they are guidelines that will help me plan what activities to spend my time on in 2017.
So as we enter a new year, with all its bright shiny opportunities, may I wish you all a sparkling and exciting year full of fun, laughter, learning and love!